5410 Cornish Street
Houston, Texas 77007
Phone 713-802-4772
Fax 713-802-4774

After-School | Attendance Requirements | Bilingual Program | Bus Transportation | Code of Student Conduct | Curriculum | Directions to the School | Dress Code | Grade Reporting | GT Program | History of the School | How to Enroll | Medical Care | PTO Info | School Hours/Pick-Up & Drop-Off | Teacher Resources | Visitors & Volunteering

How to Enroll My Child

Enrollment Process

To register and enroll your child in the school that he or she is zoned to attend, bring the following to school:

The childís birth certificate or other proof of age and identity;

Proof of your identity and residential address (driverís license and utility bill); and

A record of your childís current immunizations signed by a doctor.

Your child may be eligible to enroll provisionally if the required immunization process has begun. Texas law requires that a child must be enrolled by the childís parent or guardian or another person with legal control of the child under a court order. It also requires the district to record the name, address, and date of birth of the person enrolling the student.

For more information call Health Services at 713-349-7423.

Where and When to Enroll

Stevenson Elementary Attendance Zone Map - Download(pdf) - 294Kb

Documents Required for Enrollment

Student Transfer Forms: 713-556-6783

Every school district requires identification of each student as a condition of enrollment, which must be under a studentís legal name as shown on that studentís birth certificate or other legal document. The parent or legal guardian must furnish documentation of the studentís identity, age, and residence and a copy of the studentís records within 30 days of enrollment (or 90 days if the student was born outside the U.S.). If the student does not have a Social Security number, HISD will assign a Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) number. No student may be denied enrollment solely because of failure to meet the documentation requirements. Enrollment is provisional, however, pending receipt of the required documentation and verification of eligibility.

A parent or legal guardian who resides with relatives or friends within HISD and who wishes to send a child to an HISD school must submit a statement of residence. The parent or guardian must complete the statement at the zoned school and must supply the following:

Photo identification

A letter from the official resident of the address at which the applicant is living, stating how long the applicant has lived at that address

The name of the school the student attended most recently

A copy of the official residentís most recent bill for electricity, gas, or water; and

If the residence is an apartment, a valid lease giving the name of the official resident. (For assistance, call the Student Transfer Department at 713-556-6734.)

If your child is entering HISD from another school district, you will also need a record of current immunizations and his or her most recent report card. The school will also request an academic transcript from your childís previous school. More information and forms may be found on the HISD Health & Medical Services Web site.